So, like many other marketers and directors you have decided to incorporate Facebook in your efforts to promote your services and products. The next question you’re asking is ‘HOW?’
The truth is Facebook can seem daunting to inexperienced users and you may find yourself in a position where you just don’t have the time to learn how to use the site.
In this guide you will see just how simple it can be to set up a ‘Business Page’ for your company, leaving you with another form of communication with your customers and another way in which you can promote your products or services… FREE!
- The first step is to simply put www.facebook.com into your search bar at the top of your chosen web browser (Internet Explorer/Google Chrome etc). Once there you should see this screen:
- Once here you need to click ‘create a page’ (see the red arrow above). This will take you to a screen where a number of images show up, click the ‘Local Business or Place’ icon. Once this link is clicked, simply enter your details into the boxes that are provided.
- Once you have filled in the information about your business, it’s now time to create an account in which you set up your security details such as your password, date of birth and email address. You will also be asked to agree to Facebooks terms and conditions before proceeding.
- You will now have to confirm your email account. Facebook will send you an email with a link – so open the email, click this link and it will allow you to continue to the next step. This way Facebook knows that you’re human, not a robot!
- The next process is to upload an image; this could be a picture of your office, you and your staff, your logo or your products. If you still need to create an image or have not yet decided which one you want to use then you can skip this step by clicking on ‘Skip’ in the bottom right hand corner.
- It’s now time to right a brief description about your business - this is key to advertising your page as the more relevant Facebook finds the information the higher it will put your profile page when people search for it. It also gives you the chance to create a link to your company website… a great way to get traffic to your site!
- Once you have completed or skipped the previous step it will give you the option to enable ads. This means you pay for Facebook to advertise your site, if this doesn’t interest you click ‘skip’.
- So now your page is set up you should see something like this… This admin panel allows you to send out emails inviting people to your page, to update your photos and information about the business. It also gives you a help icon, so if you are unsure about all of the features it may be beneficial for you to click here
- At the bottom of the page you will see this…
Towards the left hand side of the page it gives you the chance to write a ‘status’ – this is a form of communication to all your contacts. Using the ‘update status’ feature means you can write short text messages, upload photos, videos and share links with your followers, who can then share it with theirs.
- Once you are happy with your company description, photos and the basic look of your page, click ‘create page’ and your new business Facebook will be live.
Congratulations! You now have a Facebook page for your business!
Remember though, it’s important you update your page as often as possible and keep your potential customers informed about the latest news, offers, pictures, video and content.
Marketing with Facebook should become an important part of your marketing strategy, but it won’t happen overnight. You’ll need to master the art of building an audience, creating and sharing engaging content and converting ‘fans’ into paying customers.
So subscribe to this blog to receive updates every time we post new articles which can help you learn how to grow your business through Facebook!
The hard work starts now!