This B2C home improvement company were no strangers to digital marketing but had become disillusioned after their experiences with a PPC agency who failed to deliver. This client had built themselves a website in-house, and employed a team member to maintain it but decided to give outsourcing their marketing one last chance, with spectacular results...
At The Start
We took an overview of their current set-up: although making use of a few marketing tools and a Wordpress blog, the client’s overall strategy was shaky and lacking in several key areas. They were still focusing heavily on PPC; we highlighted the need for clear strategy, regular content, email marketing and social media to boost their number of leads. We also stressed the importance of an effective lead generation strategy, a strong sales process and a commitment to tracking progress over the entire journey.
We proposed a solution that included:
- Content Marketing - primarily through regular blog articles and also eBooks/whitepapers
- Google AdWords
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
We recommended HubSpot as the software platform to help us implement and measure the results (to find out more read How JDR can measure sales and marketing results with HubSpot) . As part of our service we also provided:
- CRM configuration and set-up
- CRM training
- Website integration (so all leads from the website go directly into the CRM)
- Automated email responses
We launched a marketing program and began using automation to follow up and nurture new website leads. With the help of a renewed focus on Google AdWords, e-shots, strong social media presence, SEO and current, relevant content, progress in organic SEO and website traffic increased substantially in the first year alone.
After a full year with JDR, this client had already achieved significant revenue from the marketing programme with no sign of slowing down. Going strong, we continued into a second year and rebuilt their website, giving them a fresh, new look. We introduced their sales team to HubSpot CRM and provided extensive training on how to get the most out of the system. Over the next couple of years, we redeveloped each of their separate business websites and implemented marketing automation across all three, backed up by a connected CRM system and full training.
The Results - In Numbers
In 3 years, here is a summary of what has been achieved:
- Website leads have grown from 20 per month to 300+ per month
- £1.5m+ In directly attributable new business has been won as a result of the marketing
- Website visitors have increased more than tenfold – from 2,284 to 24,695 in March 2019, in which they generated 613 leads.
- Update (December 2019) - Over the course of this client’s time with us, we have achieved page one rankings for a huge range of high-volume and very competitive search terms, with 174 tracked keywords at the time of writing. Here is a review of the top 20 keywords we identified back in 2016, where they were then, and where they are today:
|Top 20 Keywords||Average Monthly Searches||Rankings (January 2016)||Rankings (December 2019)|
|1||22200||not in top 100||6|
|3||3600||not in top 100||9|
|4||3600||not in top 100||not in top 100|
|8||590||not in top 100||6|
|9||480||not in top 100||6|
|10||320||not in top 100||6|
|12||170||not in top 100||7|
|14||50||not in top 100||11|
|16||40||37||not in top 100|
|19||40||not in top 100||3|
|20||40||not in top 100||1|
Tracking And Measuring Results
This client now has five sales representatives who use HubSpot to update their deals and track the progress of every single lead and enquiry. We bought all four of the websites into one HubSpot account for a clear view of our marketing results across the board, and the client continues to see increases in lead generation every day.