Different businesses will target different clients, however they all have the same aim, and that's to make as much profit as possible.
Start-up businesses need initial clients. Mid-level businesses need to continue to expand their current client base, targeting a slightly more specific audience. Established more successful businesses need fewer, but better and higher paying clients.
The question is, how do you market your business to attract new clients?
You have to invest time, effort, and quite often a few pennies, in order to gain attention from new clients. Here are some marketing ideas you can implement today to get more clients:
1) Face-To-Face Interaction
We live in an age where technology is everywhere we look, and it has never been more imperative for your business to have consistent online presence than now. However, just solely sitting at a computer will not encourage a vast client base to invest their money into your product or service. Neither can you, as a business owner, just hope and pray that clients will come to you. Digital marketing is vital, but it is still important to put on your smart clothes, and go and personally tell people about your company.
Although, doing this requires background research. You can't just approach anyone, you need to know where your target market is based for this to be a worthwhile process.
2) Be Present On Social Networks
Whether you agree or not, social media is statistically proven to be vital for business owners. It gives you a platform to provide helpful and valuable content, communicate often with your followers by asking and answering questions, and to get to know the kinds of audiences you can reach. Businesses that share and post regularly on social media will gain trust as well as further interest in the product or service you provide.
Benefits of social media marketing:
- Helps you gain valuable customer insights
- Increases brand awareness and loyalty
- Generates higher converting leads
- Increases website traffic
- Helps you to monitor competitors
3) Offer What People Need
In order to be successful, your business must offer something worthwhile. Something that people want and more importantly, what they need. Customers want to see that the business understands what they're struggling with, and they want to know the company has a solution to their problem. This is where content marketing comes into place. A simple blog post surrounding a relative topic to your company can have an unbelievable effect on the traffic guided to your website. In addition to this, an EBook, or even a webinar based on helpful, relevant topics will see your client interest soar.
4) PPC (Pay-Per-Click)
Essentially, PPC is where companies pay to be at the top of search engines, e.g. Google, when certain keywords are used. Businesses pay a fee each time one of their ad links is clicked, theoretically buying visits to your site as opposed to organically earning them.
Things to consider with PPC:
- Strong Keyword List – It is very important to have a strong keyword list relating to your business, so when visitors search those particular words, your business will rank highly on the search engine.
- Know Your Competitors – It is good to monitor your competitors and see if they're building on keywords you've missed. However, only focus on the primary, thriving competitors.
- Keep Track – It is highly important to know which keywords led to your clicks and leads in order to measure the success of your PPC campaigns and build on it.
Inbound Marketing Strategies
Inbound Marketing is a strategy that utilises many forms of pull marketing using techniques such as blogging, content marketing, search engine optimisation and social media. It works by making companies easier to be found online by earning the attention of customers through content relating to the relevant product or service. Online content gains exposure and becomes an ongoing source of inbound traffic via SEO, social shares and word of mouth.
Benefits of inbound marketing:
- Generating social media shares
- Puts customers in the driver's seat
- Increases brand awareness and visibility
- Increases trust and credibility
Hopefully this article has introduced a few new marketing ideas for you to implement to get more clients for your business! If you have any queries, please comment below or call us on 01332 343281 for an informal chat.